Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of... education?


What makes you happy? This question has plagued me recently. I find myself constantly searching for something that will satisfy this thirst for happiness. Don't get me wrong! I have joy! But happiness? Webster defines happiness as "a state of well-being and contentment".
When I step back to view the entire painting called life, I find a desolate area. Canvas that was to be used in the completion of a masterpiece. Only to be set aside to chase after what was thought to bring happiness. Life. It's caught and pinned me between its forefinger and thumb. I find myself stuck in its cycle. Work, eat, sleep. Work, eat, sleep! Work, eat... ENOUGH!
I cannot function another day feeling like a hamster! I want off the wheel! I'm breaking out of this cage to find happiness! I'm going back to school! This completely overwhelms me with a mix of emotion! I am scared to death to break the cycle, but excited to begin the pursuit!

"All serious daring starts from within." -Eudora Welty

No comments: